Prevention is better than cure
Before stepping into all about teeth whitening tricks and methods, you must be aware of the to-dos that would keep your teeth from losing their color and shine! Normally, teeth can be kept white for a longer duration by sticking to a good oral hygiene. Check out the preventive measures discussed in this post that would help you in holding on to that glistening smile!
Avoid the following, in order to retain a whiter teeth:
- Addiction to smoking and consumption of other tobacco products
- Consumption of foods containing tannin such as tea, coffee etc.
- Using other staining foods like beets, tomato sauce, candies, dark chocolates etc.
- Excess use of antibiotics that are harmful fro your dental health
Since fortunately, I had never owned a very discolored set of teeth anytime during my childhood or teenage years, I was very curious to know the probable reasons as to why people desire to go for teeth whitening at all and whether the procedures are effective to a good extent.
Certain primary causes that could pacify you to go for a teeth whitening procedure are:
- To get rid of smoking effects – Smoking damages the dental health, thus damaging both its color and functionality. To regain the lost attractiveness of their smile, smokers often opt for a whitening treatment.
- Get a presentable look – Candidates especially those who are for job interviews and are prepping themselves for an upcoming one to give a boost to their career, turn up at dental offices for such makeovers.
- When you have to look your best – Is it a big day approaching for you? Wedding, Graduation or a birthday bash on the cards? Then you certainly need to catch hold of a bright and attention-gaining smile! Teeth whitening is therefore a hot cake during special occasions.
- Eradicate Ageing effects – With age, the tooth enamel of an individual, gets damaged. This leads to easier tooth discoloration and growth of plaque and bacteria in your tooth, which in turn pacifies you to take restorative measures.
- Cost effective method – Among other cosmetic procedures, teeth whitening is a lesser expensive, lesser time consuming method without much interventions. If achieving better aesthetics is possible with whitening, people usually prefer to go with this rather than opting for procedures like veneers or crowns!
When talking about teeth whitening and its virtues, one must know the best way to go. As teeth whitening is a very common concept, people have a variety of options to choose from. Now that makes arriving at your decision a little more difficult! In-office treatments are always better than the OTC (over-the-counter) whitening strips and gels that are more easily available.
Why is in-office teeth whitening recommended?
Same day Results: Although in-office whitening restoration is costlier than the OTC option, yet, it proves to be better to pay at a time rather than spending again and again for the OTC products in order to achieve the desired results. In office treatments, it is possible to achieve 5 to 8 shades whiter teeth on the very day of your treatment!
Minimal Sensitivity: Incorrect usage of the at-home used whitening kits, may cause sensitivity issues. Moreover, these products cannot be used at any frequency, neither should they come in contact with your gums. These details are difficulty to be kept in mind by a commoner, while using such products at home.
Better Longevity: Whitening treatments that are undergone in dental offices under the supervision of professional dental experts, have proven to yield results that last much more longer than the at-home kits!
Above all, since whitened teeth and a beautiful smile renders enhanced confidence, it raises the overall productivity of an individual. Better confidence leads to better performance and smarter outcomes. Therefore, it is certainly an asset that needs to be preserved well!
Visit our dentist for your oral health consultation.